Margarita Shrimp Tacos
Chef Jessie Gonzales from JACK Thistledown Racino – N. Randall, OH
Why Chef Jessie chose this recipe: My inspiration for the dish was because it is great for the summer season. Filling this recipe with light but flavorful ingredients makes it a delicious meal to enjoy during the warm weather.
- 2 cups yellow onions, finely diced
- 1/2 cup garlic, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups lime juice
- 3 ounces triple sec
- 5 ounces tequila
- 4 ounces butter
- 1/2 tablespoon ground coriander
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, medium diced
- 1/2 cup poblano peppers, medium diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 ounce water
- 48 medium shrimp, sautéed in butter
- 6-inch tortillas
- Shredded cabbage
- Sliced avocado, diced tomato and diced jalapeno’s
Method for Preparation:
- Sauté onions, poblano peppers and garlic until tender
- In saucepan, add lime juice, triple sec and tequila and simmer for about 5 minutes
- Melt butter slowly and stir in ground coriander
- Sautee shrimp set aside
- Add sautéed onion garlic and peppers in saucepan with liquid and thicken with cornstarch and water slurry.
- When thickened add cooked shrimp to sauce.
- Grill 6-inch flour or corn tortilla until warm, fold in half.
- Add shredded cabbage to the center of tortilla.
- Remove tails from shrimp and place 4 shrimp on top of cabbage.
- Garnish with fresh avocado, diced jalapenos and diced tomatoes.