Jambalaya Stuffed Pork Chops
Chef Mark Kimball from Fairbanks Steakhouse at Hollywood Casino Tunica
About this dish: This is a favorite recipe of mine that is always a hit whenever I feature it on menus. The Jambalaya keeps the pork succulent, while the spice is a pleasant surprise that adds an extra layer of depth to it. This dish is a great representation of what we do at Fairbanks Steakhouse; it’s a fun, exciting cuisine that looks just as good as it tastes and brings out the adventurous eater in everyone.
Jambalaya Stuffed Pork Chop ingredients:
- 14oz double bone pork chop
- 1 cup of white rice
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- ½ cup Andouille Sausage cut into half moons
- ½ cup crawfish tails
- 4 oz white wine
- 2 oz yellow onion diced
- 1 oz green bell pepper diced
- 1 oz red bell pepper diced
- ½ oz minced garlic
- 1 T Cajun seasoning
- 1 T Louisiana Gold Hot sauce
- 1 T Lea & Perrins Worcestershire
- 2 Bay leaves
- Salt and pepper
Jambalaya Stuffed Pork Chop directions:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Saute the sausage in a medium sized sauce pan on med high heat to render the fat about 5 min.
- Add the onions, peppers, and garlic to the pan and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the bay leaf, Cajun seasoning, hot sauce, Worcestershire, and craw-fish tails, and continue cooking until seasoning is fragrant.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine and add the Chicken Stock. Bring the liquid to a boil.
- When the liquid is boiling, add the rice and lower the heat to a simmer.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook until liquid is absorbed by the rice, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, season the pork chop with olive oil, salt and pepper and sear the chop in a skillet or cast-iron pan for 2-3 minutes in each side until a nice brown crust forms.
- Take the chop out of the pan and make and incision into the side of the chop big enough to stuff.
- Put the jambalaya into the pork and place into the oven on a tray or ovenproof skillet.
- Cook in the oven until done, about 8-10 minutes.
- Take the chop out of the oven, let rest for a few minutes and enjoy with your favorite sides