If you are missing the itch of a wager on a live event, look no further than horse racing. As live sports are on hold, live thoroughbred racing is alive and well continues at Churchill Downs for the Spring Meet.
With over 700 horses on the premises at the famed racetrack, the cards will be full and payouts juicy. The Spring Meet will be available on FOX Sports’ “America’s Day at the Races,” which will air every race day on either FS1 or FS2.
Produced by the New York Racing Association, Inc. (NYRA) in partnership with FOX Sports, “America’s Day at the Races” is the acclaimed national telecast presenting coverage and analysis of the best racing from around the country.
A combined 11 hours of national television coverage will be featured on Churchill Downs’ hotly-anticipated opening weekend (all times Eastern):
Saturday, May 16: 1:00 – 2:30 p.m. (FS2); 2:30 – 6:00 p.m. (FS1); 6:00 – 6:30 p.m. (FS2)
Sunday, May 17: 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. (FS2); 2:00 – 6:00 p.m. (FS1); 6:00 – 6:30 p.m. (FS2)
“America’s Day at the Races” is hosted by Greg Wolf and Laffit Pincay III and this weekend’s broadcast team includes Andy Serling, Maggie Wolfendale, Gary Stevens, and Jonathon Kinchen.
Racing fans are encouraged to wager on racing from Churchill Downs via TwinSpires.com, the official advance-deposit wagering service for Churchill Downs Incorporated and its family of racetracks. TwinSpires.com boasts a new and improved wagering experience and mobile app combining the latest technology with the ability to wager on virtually every quarter, harness and thoroughbred horse race from venues across the globe. The new app provides users with smoother and more intuitive navigation, enhanced live-streaming capabilities allowing players to watch races while searching for their next wager, and all the best bonus offers, free bets, and promotions that TwinSpires.com is known for. TwinSpires.com also offers access to unmatched insight and analysis from our horse racing experts, handicappers, insiders, educators and Bloodstock Research Information Services (Brisnet).
Churchill Downs will offer handicappers free Brisnet past performances courtesy of Ford each day of the 26-day Spring Meet. Horseplayers can visit www.churchilldowns.com/racing-handicapping/handicapping/expert-picks for complementary Brisnet past performances along with daily expert selections from Ed DeRosa, Joe Kristufek and Scott Shapiro of TwinSpires.com and several other handicapping tips including workouts of the day from expert clocker Bruno DeJulio.
HOW TO WATCH FS1/FS2
- Spectrum: Ch. 71 (Spectrum Select, Spectrum Silver and Spectrum Gold packages)
- DirecTV: Ch. 219 (Entertainment, Choice, Xtra, Ultimate and Premier packages)
- DISH: Ch. 150 (America’s Top 250, America’s Top 200, America’s Top 120 Plus and America’s Top 120 packages)
- AT&T U-Verse: Ch. 652 (U200, U300 and U450 packages)
- Streaming services: Hulu, Sling (Blue or Orange+Blue) and YouTube TV
- Spectrum: Ch. 552 (Spectrum Silver and Spectrum Gold packages)
- DirecTV: Ch. 618 (Xtra, Ultimate and Premier packages)
- DISH: Ch. 149 (America’s Top 250, America’s Top 200 and America’s Top 120 Plus packages)
- AT&T U-Verse: Ch. 651 (U200, U300 and U450 packages)
- Streaming services: Hulu and YouTube TV